Mitt Romney's choice of Paul Ryan as his running mate has been praised by many, and criticized by a few (mostly on the left or in the media). To some they say it was a bold choice, perhaps even risky! For Mitt Romney it was not bold, reckless, risky or wrong - IT WAS THE RIGHT CHOICE FOR THE RIGHT REASONS!
Among the many things that can be said about Mitt Romney - he is a dynamic and decisive leader! Characteristic of Mitt Romney is his ability to weigh the criticality of a problem and understand it. One of Mitt's great strengths, among many, is to understand and disassemble complex problems, and then reassemble or reconstruct them with greater efficiency, capacity and simplicity. He is discerning and brilliant when it comes to such determinations. Such are the qualities of a great leader, which qualities are severely deficient in our current President. Even so, Mitt recognizes that no one is an island and that it requires building a bright and capable team to develop and execute the needed solution.
Mitt knows and understands the problems we face as a nation - he has articulated them quite well in his writings, in his speeches and in his advocated solutions and policies (in spite of the ignoring media). That said, I think the intellectual approach and depth of Mitt's proposed solutions are often lost on a less than brilliant press. It is unfortunate but within our 'disposable' society the mainstream media tends to look for solution sound bites, and most of America has become so accustomed thereto that we fail to delve into the substance of the solutions; just as we fail to understand the magnitude and depth of the problems. There is neither an easy fix nor quick solution. Without question, the challenges we face, in this our nation’s defining moment, demand very bright and capable leaders who not only understand the problems and their complexities, but who are endowed with the capacity and skill set to be decisive. Further, they need to exhibit the commitment to act thereon by making the right decisions for the right reasons, and fundamental to these decisions are preserving our freedoms and values, not suppressing or subordinating them.
In assembling his team, Mitt Romney appropriately sees Paul Ryan as a proven leader and champion in this campaign. To those who say Mitt’s decision was bold, I respond, not really – it is a compliment to Mitt Romney for having the depth and strength of character to make the right decision with reason, foundation, trust and confidence. This isn’t about Mitt Romney; it is about what is right for America!
11 Reasons why Paul Ryan is the right choice:
1) Mitt is comfortable and sufficiently confident in his own capacity to surround himself with bright, intelligent and equally capable individuals - Paul Ryan fits that bill. On the other hand, Obama tries to cover his inadequacies and incapacities by surrounding himself with those who are less than him, thus attempting to prop himself up.
2) Paul Ryan has already been vetted by Obama, his PR team (mainstream media) and the DNC; the DNC and Obama have already attacked Paul Ryan from every angle - there is nothing new to attack and anything they do now is old news.
3) Paul Ryan is a fiscal conservative whose ideals and values mirror Mitt's.
4) Like Mitt, Paul Ryan can grasp facts quickly and articulate a cogent and reasoned argument.
5) Given Paul Ryan's exposure, and his proven capacity to not only go toe to toe with Obama and Biden but also school them, he will be a great lightening rod of reason for the Comeback Team.
6) With Mitt's maturity, depth, experience and leadership, and Paul Ryan's complimentary skill sets, Ryan can be another champion for American values.
7) Paul Ryan electrifies the conservative base and Tea Party.
8) Paul Ryan epitomizes middle America which will resonate with the majority of Americans.
9) Paul Ryan will electrify the Wisconsin voter who supported Scott Walker, and deliver a key swing state.
10) Mitt Romney and Paul Ryan will appeal to the Florida, MI and Ohio voters, and others - as champions for fiscal responsibility and preserving America's financial future; this translates to stable and sustainable Social Security and Medicare programs and JOBS.
11) Contrary to the mainstream media thinking that Mitt Romney will adopt Ryan's Budget - Romney chose Paul Ryan because of his very credible attempt to bring fiscal order to the nation, thus proving his capacity and depth. Mitt Romney has a budget plan and executable strategy for America's fiscal house, which has already been developed. Accordingly, Mitt can trust that Paul Ryan will be a strong advocate in support of the Romney Plan.
Conservative advocate, husband, father of six, grandfather of 18. Author, conservative blogger, and retired investment banker.Enjoy my family, my mountain home, political and philosophical discussions, golf and travel.
View Posts | View Profile | View David's New Book